Creating a haven for new mothers and their babies to come together and share experiences is in itself much needed and invaluable.
You will also learn how to teach them an empowering Scaravelli inspired style of yoga that harnesses the combined effect of the breath and gravity, which is perfectly attuned to postnatal restoration.
What will the course cover?
* Anatomy and physiology of the postnatal woman – to include hormonal changes, pelvic floor recovery, birth trauma
* Specific postnatal yoga practice and principles – to include safety issues, maternal posture, core strength, relaxation
* Emotional Issues – to include reflection on birth, mother and baby attachment, feeding, spectrum of emotions following birth and postnatal depression
* Housekeeping and Environment – to include class format, venue, health and safety, marketing and publicity
– Learn about the physiology and anatomy of yoga through lectures and practice with particular reference to the postnatal period
– Understand the special benefits of yoga in the postnatal period
– Learn the necessary teaching skills to teach yoga effectively and safely to postnatal women
– Become familiar with the common complaints and ailments, both physical and emotional, during the postnatal period
– Be able to give appropriate information and/or advice about how yoga may help and when necessary to guide women towards other professionals
– Understand the importance of housekeeping and environment, class format options, venue, advertising, and health and safety
Friday-Sunday: 9:30-14:30 (5h each day)